Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Grill Mates Southwest Marinade and cornmeal combine to bring a taste of the Southwest to the grill. Substitute your favorite loin steaks, T-bone, Porterhouse, or sirloin, if you prefer.
- 4 New York strip steaks, 3/4-inch thick (about 3/4 pound each)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemccormick grill mates southwest marinade
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (if using a charcoal grill, add 5 to 10 coals on side where you will sear steaks). Trim excess fat from steaks.
- Mix dry marinade mix and cornmeal in shallow dish. Coat steaks well with the cornmeal mixture.
- Sear steaks on preheated grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until steaks are browned. Reduce heat to medium or move steaks to side with less coals, if using charcoal grill. Grill additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.