Caramel swirled ice cream! Luscious... Cook time includes freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the cream, milk and 2/3 cup of the dulce de leche.
- 2Stir mixture constantly until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a heatproof mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt.
- 4Gradually add the hot cream mixture and whisk until they are fully incorporated.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- 6Cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula, until the custard thickens, about 10 minutes; do not boil.
- 7Pour the custard through a cheesecloth lined strainer set over a clean bowl.
- 8This will strain any lumps and leave a smooth custard.
- 9Nestle the custard bowl in a larger one filled halfway with ice and water and cool the custard to room temperature.
- 10Stir this mixture occasionally.
- 11Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- 12Transfer chilled custard to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 13At the end of the freezing stage, drizzle the remaining 1/3 cup dulce de leche into the churning ice cream to get the swirled effect.
- 14Harden off/freeze finished ice cream until firm, 3 to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2148.4
- Calories from Fat 1528
- Total Fat 169.8 g
- Saturated Fat 99.3 g
- Cholesterol 1673.1 mg
- Sodium 514.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 100.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche