Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti are vegan and gluten-free. Because eggs are a main component of biscotti, I haven't seen a lot, if any vegan recipes, for this type of cookie. My favorite thing about these gluten-free biscotti, however, is how simple they are to make. Just throw everything in the food processor and you're already halfway there. Here's the full recipe and post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/double-chocolate-mocha-biscotti/
- 2 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon organic decaf coffee, espresso grind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, 73%
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, ground coffee, salt and baking soda.
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined.
- Pulse in agave nectar until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor and work in dark chocolate with your hands.
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife.
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy.
Have made these many times--can no longer live without them!
I made these because my DH wanted something gluten free. I loved these. He took a bunch of them to work today as well. They are different and oh so chocolatey.