Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
A delicious sweet tea recipe that I've been using for years. I always get compliments. It's super fast & super easy. This recipe is to make ONE GALLON.
- Place family size tea bag in a microwave safe container filled with water & microwave until it boils (approx. 4min for 4cups).
- While that is going, in a gallon size pitcher, pour about 1 1/2 - 2 inches of sugar in the bottom. I usually eye it and it comes out perfect.
- The microwave should be finishing up. Pour hot tea water into the pitcher over the sugar. The hot water dissolves the sugar granuals. Stir until completely dissolved. (If you have time, let sit in microwave for a while and steep even more. If you don't have time, that's cool too.).
- Fill the rest with cold water & refrigerate.
- Serve over ice. Enjoy!
- I, personally, don't put lemon in it because I find that lemon cuts the sugar & you have to use a whole lot more sugar for it to be southern "sweet".
Many think tea is a summer time refreshment, but in the deep south we drink tea year round. Ohhh, speaking of which from what I hear, winter's just around the corner. Here in Louisiana we're expecting 69 degree weather tomorrow. I'll probably wear a swimsuit.