Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is one my mom used to make and I posted it today in response to a request.
Top Review by Canadian In Atlanta
This is very tasty and turned out quite well. I made mine a little differently -- no can. I used the usual slow cooker quick bread method (separate dish covered with foil, placed on a trivet in the crock and then poured hot water around the dish). Bread turned out HUGE and moist, so we'll have quite a few servings.
- 295.73 ml flour
- 177.44 ml yellow cornmeal
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter. Stir until just moistened.
- Place batter in a 2 quart greased can.
- Place can on rack or trivet in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover; cook on high for 2-3 hours.