Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I use this for the holidays. I love broccoli and its the best broccoli casserole I've ever had.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (6 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cheese crackers
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant minced onion or 1 -2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven 350 deg.
- Prepare broccoli by package and drain.
- Combine soup, mayonaise, eggs, cheese, onions, and stir in broccoli.
- Pour into 1-1/2 quart greased baking dish.
- Melt butter.
- Crush crackers and mix with butter.
- Sprinkle over top of broccoli mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minute.
I gave it this many stars cuz you can make it healthier if you want, it is easy, and it has plenty of vegetables, the size portion of which you can increase by adding others (mushrooms and spinach, for starters). I substituted rice cheddar, and it was still quite good (rice cheddar can make things bland), and I added mushrooms. I used shallots instead of onions (not healthier but migraine-prevention-friendly)... Yummy.
Very good and easy. I used 1/2 cup of choppe fresh onion instead of onion flakes/powder. It's a wonderful, cheesey, broccoli side dish that almost anyone is sure to enjoy. Thanx for sharing.