1/1 Photo of Cranberry Salad (A.k.a. Thanksgiving Pink Stuff)
My mother got this recipe from a dear family friend in the 1950's. No matter who in our family is making Thanksgiving dinner, you can bet this dish will be served. Note: the times indicated do not include refrigeration time. Cranberries from Wisconsin make this a Midwest U.S. regional recipe. (Also, I first enjoyed it in Missour - another fine Midwestern state).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The day before serving, cook cranberries in water over low heat until soft.
- 2Add sugar and mash.
- 3Add chopped nuts.
- 4Stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5About 4 hours before serving, add the fruit cocktail.
- 6Just before serving, whip cream, add sugar and vanilla and whip until soft peaks form.
- 7Add bananas to fruit mixture.
- 8Gently fold whipped cream into fruit mixture until well blended.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10Note: You can use Cool Whip instead of whipping the cream, but the flavor is so much better with the real thing!
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Salad (A.k.a. Thanksgiving Pink Stuff)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g