Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in the Nov. 2010 AllYou Magazine. I always like trying a new version of cranberry sauce each holiday and this year will be this recipe. I love cranberries and apples and this definitely sounds like it will be a perfect match!
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium golden delicious apple, peeled, cored & cut into 1/4-inch dices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring cider to a boil and cook over a medium-high heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 40 minutes.
- Combine reduced cider and all the other ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer sauce until thickened and cranberries have popped, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes. Sauce will thicken more when cooled.