Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday Food
- 1 lb carrot, sliced 3/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (3 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place carrots and cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread half the vegetables on a second baking sheet. Roast until browned and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing halfway through. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups salted water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside to cool, uncovered.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables with couscous, chickpeas, and scallions. Place arugula on a serving platter, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing. Add remaining dressing to couscous mixture, and toss; serve over arugula.