Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love seafood you will love this recipe. I got this from the Cooking Pleasures magazine and it will surely impress any guest! It is time consuming but wow are they worth it if you have the time! The recipe calls for pot sticker wrappers but I made home-made raviolis with it and it was delish!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat, shells removed
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling
- 1 (12 ounce) package pot stickers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the crabmeat; reserve remaining crabmeat for ravioli. To make sauce, heat medium skillet or saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and bell peppers; cook 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup crabmeat, clam juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspon salt; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine reserved crab meat, ricotta cheese, italian seasoning, salt, pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle rimmed baking sheet with layer of cornmeal. Brush both sides of 1 wonton wrapper with beaten egg. Place about 1 1/2 tespoons crabmeat mixture in center, fold diagonally to form triangle, pressing edges to seal. Place on baking sheet, turning to coat both sides with cornmeal. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of butter, heat until oil is hot and butter is melted. Carefully add ravioli in a single layer, fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining ravioli, adding remaining 1/2 tsp oil and btter as needed. Serve topped with warm sauce and parsley.