Cook1 hr 15 mins
DH and I love pork chops-even better than steak--LOL! This is a simple, homey old standby. I have made this at different oven temperatures to fit in with the rest of my oven meal. Love oven meals. At 350 degrees I bake for 1 hour, 325 degrees about 75 minutes, and at 400 degrees about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. See description above for higher oven temps and times-get all in the oven if you can! :).
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except the chops IN cooking dish, and stir.
- Top with chops-season chops with some pepper-add salt if you like it.
- Top with chops.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 75 minutes or chops are done. Check after 50 minutes to see if they are done to your family's preferences.
Overall, a very nice recipe. We did like the stuffing. However, I think 1-1/2 hours is a bit too long to cook pork chops in the oven. The chops were very dry after that length of time and neither one of us found them very appetizing. Next time, I will cook them for 45 minutes and see if that makes a difference.
Seriously yummy and simple too! We also really like pork chops and it is so nice to have another recipe that yields a moist, tasty product like this one. Loved the fact that it used ingredients that are always on hand and that it didn't take very long to prep. Thanks for sharing this! Made and reviewed for the No Nonsense Nibblers of ZWT 6 Summer 2010.
Wow, this recipe is sure to please. My DD even asked for seconds, and she seldom does that! The stuffing and corn go so well with the chops, and this turned out to be a tasty, moist dish that we loved. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 6 :)