1/1 Photo of Cool Melon and Hot Bacon
kelly in TO's Note:
Light lunch but it would also make a refreshing first course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1Cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into wedges.
- 2Slice the fruit from the skin then cut the flesh into thick cubes. Keep the pieces generously sized.
- 3Remove the rinds from the bacon. Grill the bacon - or fry it in a non-stick pan - until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Cut or break the bacon into pieces about 2 cm in length. Pull the leaves from the parsley and roughly chop.
- 4Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice, season with a few grinds of black pepper and beat in the olive oil with a fork or small whisk.
- 5Add the bacon and parsley to the melon. Pour over the dressing and gently toss, trying not to break up the melon. Divide between two plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Melon and Hot Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 1097.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: