Recipe by Sharon123
This is a great summertime soup that is satisfying without making you feel full. This can be part of a summer feast! From Country Living magazine(June 2004)
Top Review by Rita~
Made 1/2 the recipe and had it all this morning for breakfast. This is good anytime of the day! Great to cool you down. If you rather limes and or fresh ginger that would be great in this cooling soup! I used only mint leaves for both soup and cream. Skipped the salt and juice. Made it in my vita mix. Thanks for starting my day off so good. Everyone asked me why I was so happy and smiling so much. :) I really think it was the refreshing start of you soup! Thanks Sharon!
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup sparkling white grape juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cantalope, lemon juice, and zest in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the mint and salt and pulse to combine. Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Basil Cream:.
- Place the cream and sugar in the bowl of food processor and process until slightly thickened. Add the basil and process until thick-about 20 seconds-and set aside. Add the grape to the soup right before serving. Divide evenly among four bowls and top with the cream. Enjoy!
- You may use purple sparkling grape juice, but this will change the color of the soup.