Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A soothing herbal tea that will soothe a sore throat. Adapted from Delicious Living.
Make and share this Cold Tamer Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups pure water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a large glass jar.
- Drink 1 cup (hot) every few hours.
Thank you Sharon. This is hitting the spot. Opening up my sinuses, settling my belly. I did add infused honey. Made for Feb Sun and Spice
I'm not sick (knock on wood) but am really, really TIRED so I made this up to relax. It worked...I'm off to bed now. Made for Cooking with an Asian Accent photo event 3/09. I did add sugar. :) Thank you!
So far, I have been fortunate not to become ill this winter, so I cannot speak to the efficacy of this treatment. I tried it because I tend to have a lot of sinus drainage; at the end of the day I do not feel clogged up. I drank this straight (that is, without sugar), and it tasted somewhat bitter. I am so accustomed to adding sugar to my tea, even though my doctor swears I must lay off! Thanks for posting this recipe, Sharon, I'll try it again if I come down with a cold. Made for Photo Tag.