Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I ordered shrimp cocktail at a Mexican restaurant not knowing what I was going to get but loving both Mexican food and shrimp I figured it would be good. It was delicious. So after a few attempts of creating this dish at home I finally got it right, and we have been enjoying it ever since. My boyfriend and I make a meal out of it.
- 1 -2 lb shelled and cooked shrimp (50-60 count is good)
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onions, chopped or 2 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, slightly chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, diced, with seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped
- tomato juice
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- After you chop the tomatoes, onions and cilantro mix together in a bowl, add the diced jalapeno pepper.
- Add about 1-1/2 cups of tomato juice (V-8 is what I like to use).
- Then add about 2 tablespoons or more to taste of lime juice (lemon juice will do if you don't have lime and fresh is always better) Add garlic salt to taste do the same to the salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and avocado.
- Do a taste test to see if you may need to add one or more of the above ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate about an hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers.
We made this recipe twice for a family reunion of cooks and aficianados. Everyone loved it so much the first time that we had to make it again.
your right its make again but i use spicy v-8
Really tasty and easy cocktail. I used colossal shrimp, cut them up into bite sized pieces and I used red onion, not white or green. I also added 4 minced cloves of elephant garlic( we love it). For the tomato juice I used Clamato. Also added some minced celery for added texture and of course quite a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Didn't use any jalapeno though.