Visiting my family in Colorado, we went to a place called Verns . They served their world famous Cinnamon Roll French Toast. It was so sweet and so yummy. Here is an easy version I'm pretty golly danged sure you will enjoy. This is not a light dish, but definitely a treat. Adapted from group recipes. :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
- 2In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1 cup syrup.
- 3Bake at 375°F for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) for 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- 4Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional 1/2 cup maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 93.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: