1/1 Photo of Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Crunchy on top... moist in the middle. I love this recipe! There is nothing I love more than the smell of this bake in the A.M. The original recipe was from a "Taste Of Home Special Addition" magazine but just as I do with any recipe I make I always change it a little to make it my own. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 crusty Portuguese rolls (cubed)
- 8 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon baking chips
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11. Place bread cubes in a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish.
- 22. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 33. Pour Egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 44. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Add cinnamon chips (I like to give it a quick toss to mix the bread with the egg mixture a little more).
- 55. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- 66. Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with Maple syrup if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips