Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Crunchy on top... moist in the middle. I love this recipe! There is nothing I love more than the smell of this bake in the A.M. The original recipe was from a "Taste Of Home Special Addition" magazine but just as I do with any recipe I make I always change it a little to make it my own. Enjoy!
- 8 crusty Portuguese rolls (cubed)
- 8 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon baking chips
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 3. Pour Egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Add cinnamon chips (I like to give it a quick toss to mix the bread with the egg mixture a little more).
- 5. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- 6. Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with Maple syrup if desired.