Recipe by Oregon Cook
This isn't your typical cornbread receipe. It's low fat, but really moist. Goes great with homemade soup.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice cornbread! Made as given, we did appreciate the extra corn that was added, & the green chiles added just enough heat to be enjoyable! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced green chiles
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Beat together sour cream, milk, egg whites and oil.
- 2. Combine in separate bowl, brown sugar, flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Drain corn and green chiles.
- 4. Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and fold in corn and green chiles.
- 5. Transfer into a greased 8 X 8 baking pan.
- 6. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degree. Make sure you let the cornbread rest for 10 minutes before enjoying.