This is an easy recipe....very little work involved and quick to put together. The major time involved is leaving the pie in the freezer to set! The 6 hours and 15 minutes of freezer time are not included in the prep or cooking time!
- 21 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (I use Oreos)
- 1⁄2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 8 (1 5/8 ounce) packages peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped (I use Reeses)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar fudge sauce
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
- Process cookies and peanuts in a food processor until finely crumbled, Add butter, and process until blended.
- Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Stir together the ice cream and chopped candy; spoon into the piecrust. Freeze for at least 6 hours. Remove from the freezer and let it stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Heat fudge sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in coffee and coffee liqueur. Drizzle over pie.