Recipe by mvengro
I am dying to try this recipe but haven't had the time yet. Anything Paula does is amazing so I don't doubt this one will be any different!!
Top Review by LisAnn1671
I have been making donuts this way for years. Vary quick and easy. I have made maple glaze a few times, but never chocolate. Tossing with powdered sugar or cinnamon/sugar is our favorite. The glaze sounds delicious, but seems like more work than I am interested in. LOL
- 12 ounces biscuits
- Crisco (enough to cook the amount of doughnuts in that you are making)
- 1 (4 ounce) baker's German chocolate bars
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- For Doughnuts:.
- Remove biscuits from the can and poke a hole in each one and form doughnuts.
- Drop into hot oil and brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Dip into the melted chocolate sauce and enjoy!
- For sauce:.
- Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir in sugar, alternating with evaporated milk, blending well.
- Raise heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and cook/stir until mixture becomes thick and creamy (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla, then remove from heat.
- Put a for through the doughnut holes and stick immediately into chocolate and put on plate.
- Put confectioners sugar in plastic bag, and toss doughnuts with it.