Chef #470386's Note:
I am dying to try this recipe but haven't had the time yet. Anything Paula does is amazing so I don't doubt this one will be any different!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces biscuits
- Crisco (enough to cook the amount of doughnuts in that you are making)
- 1For Doughnuts:.
- 2Remove biscuits from the can and poke a hole in each one and form doughnuts.
- 3Drop into hot oil and brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- 4Dip into the melted chocolate sauce and enjoy!
- 5For sauce:.
- 6Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over very low heat.
- 7Stir in sugar, alternating with evaporated milk, blending well.
- 8Raise heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 9Lower heat and cook/stir until mixture becomes thick and creamy (about 8 minutes).
- 10Stir in vanilla, then remove from heat.
- 11Put a for through the doughnut holes and stick immediately into chocolate and put on plate.
- 13Put confectioners sugar in plastic bag, and toss doughnuts with it.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dippy or Sugarcoated Doughnuts--Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.9
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 90.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
German chocolate bars