Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Posted by request, this is a combination of two cats' tongue recipes...one jam filled, the other chocolate dipped! The final product is a delicious buttery cookie with raspberry jam filling and rich chocolate.
Top Review by Jennifer Iadevaia
These were great cookies, reminded me a lot of the cookies you pay an arm and a leg for at the bakery! No longer have to make the trip to the bakery, thanks! (I also dipped mine in finely chopped walnuts, after the chocolate)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 tablespoons grated lemons, zest of (variation)
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Cream butter on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and blend together.
- Add vanilla (or zest), then egg and egg yolk;mix well.
- Sift flour over batter and incorporate.
- Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into pastry bag or decorator fitted with 1/2 inch round tip or medium star tip.
- Pipe 3 inch lengths of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies in the center of the oven for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling.
- In a saucepan, melt the jam with the lemon juice until it comes to a simmer.
- Brush the jam over flat side of half the cookies and top with remaining cookies, flat side touching the jam.
- Let cookies remain on racks in a cool place until jam has set.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate hardens.
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate with chocolate or colored sprinkles (jimmies) before letting the chocolate set up.