I first made this for my boyfriend's birthday. It takes a bit of time to put together and freeze, but there's no baking time so I think it all works out the same in the end! You can also try different ice cream combinations, depending on what you like. Pistachio and vanilla is another possibility. A fun idea for a summer cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 liter chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package of frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 40 chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Crush 20 of the cookies and mix the crumbs with the butter.
- 2Pat mixture on the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- 3Now make a fudge sauce by putting the cream, chocolate and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and stirring constantly over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- 4Add rum if desired.
- 5When the fudge sauce is cool, use about half of it to spread over the cookie crumb crust.
- 6At this point, you also take the remaining chocolate chip cookies and stand them up along the edge of the pan.
- 7Put the mixture back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- 8Take the ice cream out to soften at this point and start making the strawberry sauce.
- 9Put the strawberries, two tablespoons of sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and heat-- stirring occasionally-- until the strawberries form a thick sauce.
- 10When the ice cream is fairly soft, take the pan out of the freezer and start spreading the ice cream in the pan.
- 11You want to create a marbled effect by lightly mixing the two ice cream flavours together, but not so much that they become all one colour.
- 12Swirl in the strawberry sauce.
- 13Pour over the remaining fudge sauce and return to freezer until everything is firm, at least two hours.
- 14To serve, remove the edge of the pan and let soften for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1312.4
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 84.2 g
- Protein 16.2 g