Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is lovely to enjoy after a day of Christmas shopping and snowman building. Chocolate and peppermint? yummm
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate or 1⁄2 cup finely chopped milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup crushed striped round peppermint candy
- 8 cups hot espresso or 8 cups very strong coffee
- chocolate curls
- Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon each chopped chocolate and peppermint candies into a coffee cup. Add hot espresso. Top with the whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve at once. Makes 8 servings.
I made this as an indulgent breakfast treat for myself today. I used a couple of drop of peppermint extract instead of the crushed candies and just sweetened to taste.
I scaled this down to serve one using some dark chocolate chips and a half a candy cane, I also added some milk. This is really tasty & the hint of mint goes really well in this. made for ZWT 4.
I really enjoyed this for breakfast today, its cold, windy and snowing here. This brought sunshine and a smile to my face. I love that you can taste the coffee, chocolate and mint seperately. I used bittersweet chocolate, expresso and crushed mint candies. This is a lovely drink with subtle and strong flavours. Thanks so much for sharing another winner Annacia.