1/1 Photo of Chocolate Bread Pudding Soufflés
Maybe this is why French women stay so thin? With a dessert like this you can enjoy a lovely chocolate dessert without guilt. Found this recently on the Internet and saving it here for your use as well as my own. Have not tried it yet and look forward to your feedback. (3 pts)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread cubes, crusts trimmed (best to use French or Italian bread)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar, for preparing souffle cups
- 1To prepare the souffle cups, tear off four pices of foil 4 inches long. Split each foil strip in half; lightly spray each of the strips with cooking spray and coat top quarter of piece of foil with 1/4 teaspoon of sugar. Place foil strips around ungreased soufflé dishes, sugar side facing in, extending 1 inch above dishes. Secure foil with tape. Set dishes aside.
- 2Stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a small-medium bowl. Add 2/3 cup of the milk and vanilla. Stir in bread cubes; set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan melt the butter. Stir in the flour to form a light paste. Add remaining 2/3 cup milk and cook over medium-low heat until the milk is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks for five minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir in flour and milk mixture. Then, fold in the bread mixture.
- 5In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks forum (tips curl). Gradually incoprorate 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until it reaches the stiff peak stage (straight tips). Gently fold bread mixture into beaten egg whites. Divide among prepared soufflé dishes.
- 6Bake in a 350*F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding Soufflés
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g