Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DD doesn't like thick smoothies, so we came up with this for her to get some protein in her morning. You can certainly leave out the flax seed and oat bran if you wish.
- 8 ounces skim milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon hot chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered soy protein concentrate (or another protein powder of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- ice cube (optional)
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- The ice is for a thicker drink.
I made this with Rice Dream for the milk and frozen bananas leaving out the soy protein. The recipe was doubled for the 2 of us. We really enjoyed the addition the hot chocolate powder.
Very tasty, quick and healthy, non-thick smoothie. I used Ovaltine for the hot chocolate powder, omitted the oat bran because I couldn't find any, and added 1 T wheat germ. Will probably stick to yogurt smoothies since we like them thicker, but will keep the idea of using the chocolate powder. Thanks for sharing!