Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love dump recipes and this one is an easy 4 ingredient one!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or wings)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear.
I made this with sugar free syrup, made with splenda, in the crock pot and everyone loved it! I did add a dash of hot pepper flakes. If you wanted to add vegetables to it, carrots, sweet potatoes, or winter squash or pumpkin would be good with the maple syrup. Put veggies on top, and increase the sauce recipe by half.
So delicious and simple! I pulled the chicken out and marinated a couple times during the cooking process and it was amazingly juicy and flavorful. I'll be making this again and again.
I love finding recipes that can be made with ingredients usually on hand. The family liked this, but we felt it could use a little more zip to the flavor. It is getting added to the rotation, but next time I'll increase the amount of chili powder and maybe add some red pepper flakes.