Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice "warm the belly" soup that you can put together quickly and just let simmer while you are on to better things. I believe I jotted this one down from TOH. Feel free to change up the veggies. (I guessed at the size of the rice/vermicelli mixture but as far as I know, they only come in one size.)
- 8 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 150 g rice vermicelli (chicken flavour)
- 2 -4 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- In large saucepan, bring water, celery and carrots to a boil.
- Stir in cubed chicken, rice/vermicelli mix and bouillon.
- Return to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or til rice is tender.
I made this this weekend. sauted the veggies (added celery to them) for a bit then added the rest. Exchanged mini meatballs for the chicken (it's what I had) Substituted some chicken broth for some of the water and adjusted the amount of bouillon. I also threw in a can of diced tomatoes juice and all. It was a great soup. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this a few years back when I found it in the TOH magazine. My was it wonderful! A great change from the regular chicken soup! Easy and fast! Can't beat that! Thanks for posting for all of us!