Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with cumin and pepper.
- Cook in non-stick skillet covered with cooking spray until done. Remove, cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet combine chicken broth, curry powder and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, peas and raisins.
- Place chicken on top, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
This was a fast, simple and a very yummy skillet dinner. I didn't measure the cumin and pepper, just sprinkled in on the chicken til I thought it looked right. I also sprinkled some salt on the chicken.The couscous had a mild curry flavor and the peas and raisins, I thought, were a great addition. Husband took the left-overs for lunch. Thanks for another great one, Dancer^
This is really superb... easy and quick As I m on a totally no fat diet, instead of cooking the chicken in a skillet with cooking spray, I marinated it in lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, chilli (jalepeno) sauce and then cooked in microwave...
This was fast and really tasty! We really liked the flavor of the chicken. I left out the raisins and frozen peas (personal preference) but it turned out fantastic. I will definitely make this one again!