Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Going through old cookbooks, here is one from the 1990 Celebrate Minnesota Cookbook.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse wild rice.
- Place in a heavy saucepan with salt and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer, covered till kernels open slightly (30 to 40 minutes).
- Place rice in buttered oblong (8" x 12" or 9" x 13") baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, sour cream, mushrooms, and sherry.
- Pour about 1/2 soup mixture over rice.
- Place chicken over soup.
- Spoon remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes; uncovered 30 minutes.
Fantastic! Love this method...I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and they turned out extremely moist. I also added carrots and a little bit of chili flakes for a little extra kick. FYI - there's a typo on the recipe: it says "baked uncovered, then back uncovered"... I assumed it meant "covered, then covered"...& that's what I did, and the chicken turned out great. (Plus I used a meat thermometer.) Easy, tasty, and easily modifiable dish! :D