Recipe by Bec
Going through old cookbooks, here is one from the 1990 Celebrate Minnesota Cookbook.
Top Review by Amanda Hult
Fantastic! Love this method...I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and they turned out extremely moist. I also added carrots and a little bit of chili flakes for a little extra kick. FYI - there's a typo on the recipe: it says "baked uncovered, then back uncovered"... I assumed it meant "covered, then covered"...& that's what I did, and the chicken turned out great. (Plus I used a meat thermometer.) Easy, tasty, and easily modifiable dish! :D
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse wild rice.
- Place in a heavy saucepan with salt and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer, covered till kernels open slightly (30 to 40 minutes).
- Place rice in buttered oblong (8" x 12" or 9" x 13") baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, sour cream, mushrooms, and sherry.
- Pour about 1/2 soup mixture over rice.
- Place chicken over soup.
- Spoon remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes; uncovered 30 minutes.