Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Homemade chicken noodle soup. Young children can manage the stars better than regular noodles.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken, with bone and skin
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 8 ounces star shaped pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a stock pot, place chicken, carrots, garlic, onion and celery; cover with water.
- Boil for thirty to forty minutes, remove chicken from pot.
- Allow chicken to cool (very important unless you like burnt fingers) remove skin and bones, then chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken back to soup, add parsley, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer until noodles are cooked.
- You may need to add water to keep soup soupy after pasta has cooked.
- Use your own judgment.
The taste of this soup was very good. I did not add enough water so it came out a little mushy. My DH didn't think so but I will add more water next time. The only thing I changed was that I used garlic powder instead of cloves
This is a delicious soup. I made it for a rainy day while at the lake. It made a bit to much for DH and I so I shared it with our friends too. Thanks for sharing this delicious soup.