Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from a local restaurant, unfortunately, no longer in business.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 8 sweet Italian sausages
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 medium green peppers, cut in 1/2 " strips
- chopped parsley
- 4 medium onions, cut in quarters
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- Remove skin from chicken, cut into small pieces.
- Cut each sausage into four pieces.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Saute' in hot oil until chicken and sausages are golden brown.
- Strain oil from pan, add onions, pepper, chicken stock, wine and garlic.
- Reduce liquid on high flame until peppers and onions are cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary and chopped parsley.
This was easy and tasted really good!!! One of those recipes you'll make again and again and your kids will remember fondly when theyre grown.
Made this last night-- Very good! Thanks!
Wow!!Great dish.Just a hint of sweetness and in a wonderful gravy-like sauce.I had to sub sweet Italian sausage for maple and brown sugar sausage and I left out the wine and added a full cup of broth!I served over mashed potatoes,and a side of green beans,yummy!Thanks for sharing!