Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My PAC "Mom" had a birthday this wk (Chef Mommie). After looking at her birthday cake in the Photo Forum, I decided this recipe was just perfect for her next birthday. It doesn't have donuts as an ingredient, but I think she'll forgive me for not being able to find another donut cake for her. (Time to prepare & bake the cake is not included)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) pillsbury chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 6 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to pkg directions & bake in a bundt pan sprayed w/PAM. (Pls Note: Actual cake ingredients may vary from those listed above as they were shown to fulfill the editing process).
- Invert cake onto serving platter, allow to cool completely & package it up to take to work w/you the next dy.
- When ready to share your cake at work, fill center hole w/scoops of ice cream. Top w/cherry pie filling (lava), drizzle some of it down the sides of the cake & give everyone a spoon.
- NOTE: For anyone who may opt to make this cake for reasons other than sharing your birthday cake w/co-workers, feel free to amend the prep as desired. :-).
I'm rating this on the opinion of DH and DS. They liked it and said that it was a good chocolate cake but didn't feel that it was really "Over The Top" special. DS said "I like it but it's just cake and ice cream with a cherry on top". Super easy to make and mine came out of the bundt pan very nicely with no sticks or tears. This would be perfect for a children's birthday party.
I'm not rating this because I didn't use the listed ingredients, I just stole the idea :) I used black cherries in syrup (as I can't get cherry pie filling) and whipped cream. The cake was a hit! I can't wait to try this with a lemon cake drizzled with passionfruit pulp!
Formerly Chef Mommie-********** OMGosh! Thank you so much my PAC Baby!!!! I will definetly make it since it is for me and everything. ;) HITYL???!!!Aug 5, 2006**************** I couldn't wait until my next birthday to give this one a go. So easy, So good! Who wouldn't love it. I really got a kick out of digging in with a spoon. Thank you so much twis!!! :) HITYL???