Recipe by MissyCampbell1234
This is an awesome sandwich! Serve it hot and toasty....My boys can never get enough of this!
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
First, let me say how much I appreciated that this meal came together so quickly and easily (cheap too!). But both DH and I agreed that the taste of this was somehow "off". It filled us both up and was nice, warm and crusty and by no means tasted bad, but was just different. I think next time I'll use this same preparation method, but use the beef, BBQ sauce, onions, peppers and cheese and try it baked into the bread. Thanks for giving me something to start with Missy!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the loaf of french bread and hollow (reserve to add to filling.)
- Brown ground beef with dried onion,salt pepper and garlic powder and drain.
- In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, soup, velveeta, sour cream and reserved bread.
- If mixture is too dry add a small amount of water or broth.
- Spoon mixture back into the hollowed out french bread. (I always have mixture left over -- its yummy all by itself!).
- Place top back onto bread, wrap in foil.
- Bake at 325 for about 20-30 mins until sandwich is heated through and top is crusty!