Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy twisted on boring old mashed potatoes. The secret is the cauliflower. My boys really love these. A perfect comfort food.
- 1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower floret, cut into bite sized
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place potatoes and cauliflower in large saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add sour cream and mash until light and fluffy.
- Stir in cheese.
Excellent and easy. The combination of potato and cauliflower is great. Less carbs than plain potatoes, too. Went well with a roast and gravy.