Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in Home Magazine several years back. They taste very similar to the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if you like it more garlic)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- additional parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl shift together the first 5 ingredients then.
- Add both cheeses.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients just until moist.
- Drop about 1/4 cup full of batter on to a greased baking sheet. (Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired).
- Bake at 450°F for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm (taste best that way) Refrigerate any left-over biscuits.
We really liked these but I had to add more buttermilk to make them of the "dropping" consistency as they were way to dry otherwise. When they came out of the oven I brushed them with melted butter with a tad bit of garlic powder added. Other than the dryness issue, these were really good!
I gave this recipe three chances, thinking it was user error the first two times (I was doubling and thought I missed an ingredient somewhere). I gave it a shot again after the first two because of the reviews posted here and again they were bland and dry. I followed the recipe exactly as written. DH, who eats anything, didn't care for them either. Sorry... can't try these again.
Mmmm!!! SO good! Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe, Camzmom!