Recipe by Wildflour
I came up with this standing in front of the pantry! It was "make do with what we've got" night! It came out rich and creamy! We really loved it!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 3-4
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 0.5 (1 lb) box rotini noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, undrained
- 1 cup French's cheddar fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper, place in medium frying pan with a little oil.
- Add chopped onions.
- Cover with tight lid and cook breasts over medium-low heat til done, about 12-18 minutes depending on their size. Turn breasts and stir onions occasionally to prevent browning. Set aside to cool when done.
- In small pot, cook rotini noodles for 8 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine soups, cheese and mayo. Microwave til melted, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Cut up chicken and add chicken and onions to cheese mixture.
- Fold in noodles, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan or casserole dish.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheddar fried onions, and bake 5 minutes longer.