Recipe by Sue Lau
Goes great with spaghetti and lasagna dinners. I like a LOT more garlic on mine. Feel free to use however much you like.
Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
This is another one of those reviews where I'm not sure to review or submit a new recipe, but here goes: I used just plain old sliced white bread, toasted it slightly beforehand, and sprinkled with garlic powder and dry parsley flakes. Then I used dried grated parmesan cheese with mozza, so yeah, does that count as making this recipe? In any case, we loved it and I will definitely be making garlic bread this way again. Thanks!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 -6 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter on the cut sides of the bread.
- Sprinkle with garlic and parsley.
- Place on baking sheet and set under broiler and broil until lightly browned (watch it closely so it doesn't burn).
- Sprinkle cheeses on the bread and return to the broiler and cook just a little while longer until the cheeses melt.
- Cut into pieces and serve.