Recipe by southernmojo
A different way to make and old standby veggie. I like to puree mine to a texture similar to creamy grits.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very good, I didnt miss the mashed potatoes I would have served at all. Used unsalted butter and enough skim milk to make a thicker puree so it would hold up to gravy. Next time I will get the Steamer's frozen cauliflower and cook it in the microwave to save some time. Made and reviewed for the Pick A Chef Orphanage - May 2012.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cauliflower to a large pot, add enough water to cover, and set over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook until cauliflower is fork tender, roughly 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Return cauliflower to pot, add butter and let it melt and blend.
- Add half the milk and blend. Pour roughly blended pot mixture into a blender and puree.
- Add more milk, blending constantly, until desired texture is reached. Season with salt and pepper or creole seasoning.