1/1 Photo of Cassada Cake
This is a wonderful cake that I was only introduced to five years ago when moving to the Great Lakes region of our beautiful country. My husband requested it for his birthday and instead of just ordering it from the local grocer I decided to try my hand and making it, after all I knew the ingredients....so here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow cake (half sheet) or 1 white cake (half sheet)
- 16 ounces strawberries (fresh or frozen, sliced)
- 13 1/2 ounces strawberry glaze
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Make custard filling by placing granulated sugar, flour and salt in medium sauce pan. Add milk and cook over medium heat till thick and bubbly (be careful not to scortch).
- 2Temper egg yolks by adding some of the hot mixture to the beaten egg yolks and then returning the egg yolk mixture to the hot mixture whisking till blended. Cook mixture another five minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, add vanilla and refrigerate mixture till completely cool.
- 4Stir together the sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze, keep refrigerated till ready to use.
- 5Cut the half sheet cake in half to make two-quarter sheet cake layers approximately 1" thick. Best to freeze these cake layers before working with the filling and frosting to prevent them from breaking apart.
- 6Place bottom layer of cake on platter or cake tray.
- 7Stir the cooled custard and spread on the bottom layer of cake making sure to leave about half inch from outside all the away around (when layers are put together the filling will spread out to the ends and if filling is spread all the way to outside it will ooze out).
- 8Spread the strawberry glaze filling on top of the custard filling.
- 9Place the other cake layer on top of the fillings. Keep refrigerated till ready to ice the cake.
- 10For icing, beat the whip cream until frothy.
- 11Add the powder sugar and vanilla gradually and beat until frosting consistency.
- 12Ice the cake to your liking and keep cake refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cassada Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3385.5
- Calories from Fat 1871
- Total Fat 207.8 g
- Saturated Fat 125.2 g
- Cholesterol 1286.8 mg
- Sodium 1030.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 357.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 291.7 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: