Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from Cooking Light that I have had for years. I have never tried it, but my intentions have been good! I have estimated the number of servings. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 cups corn
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Coat large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add corn and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Combine pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients.
- Add to corn, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for 5 more minutes.
I made this just as follows, but found it to be bit bland when I tasted it as it was cooking. I ended up adding another 2 tbsp or so of pineapple juice and a sprinkling of jerk spice and it tasted just right. This was delicious with jerk chicken-the corn was slightly sweet but definitely had a Caribbean flavor with it. Thank you for a healthy, tasty side.
OMG! Absolutely delicious! I probably used an extra tbs. of pineapple juice but otherwise kept the same. I oven roasted some ears of corn for the dish but maybe cooked a little too long 'cause it was a little softer than I would have liked. But regardless, it was amazing. Thanks for posting!
I found it a bit bland, maybe I will add more pineapple juice and green onion if I try it again.