The name says it all!!! So rich and good, I could just dive in the bowl and live there!
Make and share this Caramel Brownie Cheesecake Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (21 ounce) package fudge brownie mix, chewy style
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces marshmallow cream
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (or cheesecake, or vanilla)
- 6 ounces caramel topping
- Prepare brownies with eggs, water and oil according to package directions, using a 13x9 pan.
- Cool. Break brownies into pieces.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Beat in marshmallow cream.
- Stir in half of the whipped topping; set mixture aside.
- Stir together milk and pudding mix, stirring until thickened. Stir in remaining whipped topping.
- Crumble half of brownie pieces in an even layer in bottom of trifle dish or large glass bowl.
- Pour half of cream cheese mixture over brownies.
- Drizzle with half of caramel topping.
- Top with half of pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- NOTES: Easily doubled and made in a large trifle dish or 13x9 pan.
- Can substitute any flavor pudding.
Very good and rich! I'm glad I read the reviews and used a medium glass bowl instead of my trifle bowl, but it was the perfect amount for our gathering. I think my brownies were a little underbaked, but that just added to the gooey goodness :) I made this the day ahead, but then all the caramel melted and the whipped topping got a cracked look, so right before we left I drizzled chocolate syrup on it and it looked much better!
This was pretty good. I doubled all the ingredients after reading another review, but the brownies definitely didn't need to be doubled ( I ended up with a whole pan untouched). I decided to use Turtle Flavored pudding ( couldn't find cheesecake or white chocolate) and that ended up being a mistake on my part ( I didn't rate lower because it was my sub), I didn't care for that flavor at all. All in all, I think that this is overly sweet and the cream cheese flavor got lost ( again with the cheesecake pudding it may have been different). I cut the brownies into tiny squares and it made for a nice presentation. I probably wouldn't make this exact recipe again but the proportions for the brownies made the most delicious I have ever had from a boxed mix. Thanks!
Tastes great, but only halfway filled my trifle dish (which isn't a particularly big one). It's still enough for most gatherings, but doesn't look quite as nice.