Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A traditional Roman antipasto -- pronounced "kah-pray-zeh"
Make and share this Caprese recipe from Food.com.
- Slice tomatoes in thick slices, salt and pepper.
- Slice cheese also in similarly thick slices.
- Arrange tomatoes and cheese on a platter, alternating and overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle over all with oil, then vinegar and chopped basil.
- Let mature at room temperature for a few minutes to an hour before eating as an appetizer.
Excellent! We used fresh basil from the garden, vine tomatoes and good quality balsamic. Wouldn't change a thing.
My husband has traveled to Italy many times and loves caprese. This is very good a a light lunch served with a crusty Italian bread. mmmm!