This is like a fish stew. Just delicious. Halibut fillets a pretty expensive so at times I use Haddock fillets. This recipe was from "The flavours of Canada by Anita Stewart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 medium carrots (Chopped )
- 3 stalks celery (Chopped )
- 2 large onions (Chopped )
- 4 garlic cloves (Chopped )
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (Chopped )
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red bell pepper (Chopped )
- 1 green bell pepper (Chopped )
- 2 lbs halibut (Cubed)
- Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add red and green peppers.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Add fish and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.