Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From Hersheys.com. I love Hershey's special edition kisses. This year's white chocolate kiss with a red striped peppermint shell makes some of the most festive cookies on my cookie trays. I used green decorator's sugar which contrast nicely with the red and white kiss. Next time I might try peppermint extract instead of vanilla and use crushed candy canes in place of the green sugar crystals. Be very careful moving the cookies after the kiss is in; the kisses will collapse.
Top Review by JimmieJames
We love making these cookies. I don't like mint in my cookies though so I replaced the Candy Cane Kisses with Milk Chocolate Kisses and they're great. I've also done these with the Cherry Cordial Kisses and those are AWESOME!
- 48 Hershey candy cane kisses
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- colored sugar crystals
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven.
- Press a candy piece into center of each cookie.
- Cool completely.