Recipe by peg_lyn
This is a variation of the standard Caesar salad. Chicken is grilled and served on ciabatta bread for a delicious unique sandwich.
Top Review by loof
What a great sandwich! I love Caesar salads and that flavor came through loud and clear in this dish. I made just as specified - so easy - and wouldn't change a thing. This sandwich was perfect on the ciabatta bread - really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caesar salad dressing
- 1 lb of thin cut boneless skinless chicken breast (can also use regular chicken breasts but filet and pound them out to thin cutlets)
- 1 loaf italian ciabatta
- 2 sliced roma tomatoes
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- provolone cheese, slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken cutlets into an airtight storage container and cover with enough Caesar dressing to marinate, preferrably overnight.
- After chicken has marinated grill chicken breasts until cooked through. They will cook quickly as they are thin.
- Top chicken with cheese and allow cheese to melt slightly.
- To assemble sandwiches: Cut the bread into 2-3 inch wide horizontal sections which are then cut and split in half to make the sandwiches.
- Brush both sides of bread with Caesar dressing.
- Top one side with a few spinach leaves and the sliced tomatoes.
- Place grilled chicken breast topped with cheese on other half of bread.
- Put the sandwich together and slice in half, enjoy!