Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So simple yet so delicious. What caught my attention was the way the potatoes are artfully peeled for a pretty presentation on the dinner table. From the November 2004 issue of First magazine.
- 2 lbs small Red Bliss potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler and remove the band of skin around the center of each potato, either in a straight line or squiggly line. Tip: I find it [much] easier to use a sharp paring knife to remove the peel.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Add some salt to the pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer the potatoes for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender but not mushy.
- In serving bowl, toss the potatoes with the melted butter, marjoram, salt and pepper.
Another winner! I made this for Spring PAC 2014 and so glad I did. I cut the recipe in half and followed the instructions. DH inhaled them. Wish now I would have made more. Served with recipe#466722#466722 and recipe#164869#164869.
Super easy and colorful potato side dish. I followed the recipe as written. Could make it so many different ways utilizing many different fresh or dried herbs. Made for Veg 'n Swap tag.
These were simple and very good! Had to use dried marjarom...perfect side dish to our chicken! Thank you!!