Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this method with any vegetable.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, discarding stems or reserving for another use.
- Combine the florets with butter, soy sauce and 1/4 inch water in a skillet large enough to hold the florets in a single layer.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 -3 minutes longer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir florets to coat with sauce and serve.
I loved this simple, easy recipe. I cooked it about 5 minutes after removing the lid. I used too much water so it didn't evaporate (I always have trouble judging how much to put in the pan) so I just removed the florets with a slotted spoon. I have broccoli all the time and this recipe is a welcome addition to my recipe file!
The soy and butter are subtle in this, but nice. I added very little water so when I took the lid off at 3 minutes the liquid was all evaporated - unfortunately the broccoli was also already overcooked by then. Maybe doing 1 minute covered and 1 minute uncovered would be just right.
This was a good basic recipe. We eat a lot of broccoli and this made for a nice change. I followed the recipe as written other then I used I can't believe it's not butter as that is all I buy. We all enjoyed this.