Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple quick supper
Make and share this Burger Baked Penne With Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 188 g whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Cook penne in salted water to al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick frypan scramble fry hamburger until no pink remains, about 5 minutes, drain fat if necessary, add stewed tomatoes, jalepeno if using, simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir to mix, add salt and pepper, simmer 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Add spinach, turning over and over until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Spray a casserole with veggie spray, turn hamburger mix into casserole, add penne, stir to combine.
- Srinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Set, uncovered, on middle rack in 350f degrees oven, bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with a green salad.
I love spinach, and I loved this recipe. Great comfort food. Also an easy one-dish meal. I will be making it again soon. Thanks, Derf!
I agree it is very simple & easy to make. For our household it's getting to be sacrilage to not add garlic to meals so I snuck 1 minced clove in while the beef was cooking. In place of some of the cheese & salt, I added 2 oz shredded feta cheese into the meat mixture. My hubby especially enjoyed this dish.
Super tasty and super simple to make. Thank you Derf. I did not use the jalepeno pepper as hot and my belly do not go together but did throw some dried chili flakes on one side just before serving for those that did like the hot. Delicious.