- 188 g whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Cook penne in salted water to al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick frypan scramble fry hamburger until no pink remains, about 5 minutes, drain fat if necessary, add stewed tomatoes, jalepeno if using, simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir to mix, add salt and pepper, simmer 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Add spinach, turning over and over until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Spray a casserole with veggie spray, turn hamburger mix into casserole, add penne, stir to combine.
- Srinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Set, uncovered, on middle rack in 350f degrees oven, bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with a green salad.