Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A craving for spicy wings and the works, but no chicken or don't feel like cooking? That's how I winged this original creation! (I couldn't resist two puns in one sentence :)
- Mix tuna, blue cheese dressing, celery, onion and 2 T hot sauce together.
- Spread butter on each slice of bread.
- Spread remaining tablespoon hot sauce on each slice of bread.
- Spread half (or more) of the tuna mixture on one slice of bread (use the leftovers for another sandwich).
- Pour crumbled chips on top of tuna.
- Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Note: adjust blue cheese dressing, hot sauce and chips to your taste--these are just estimates.
I thought this was an awesome way to fix a tuna sandwich. My husband didn't like it as much as I did, but he said it was alright. I loved it though. I made it just like the directions stated except I did it in my panini maker. It was yummy but the potato chips got soggy, so for my second sandwich I didn't put the chips on until after it cooked in the panini maker so they were still nice and crisp. Oh and i guess I also used the Bleu Cheese/Buffalo Wing Doritos. (The kind with the 2 different flavors in the same bag.) I will definitely make these again! Thanks for the recipe Picholine!
This was easy and good. After turkey all week due to Thanksgiving, I was craving something else. I didn't use the potato chips and I put more hot sauce on. I only had Italian sliced bread, so I used that. I will also try this on a chicken (or turkey) sandwich. Easy and good.
Good change for a tuna sandwich. Will make this again.