Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simple recipe from the Williams-Sonoma cookbook Savoring Italy. By Michele Scicolone. This is my favorite book with many fantastic recipies that I will be posting.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- coarse salt
- 8 slices coarse country bread, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar,and salt. Toss well.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until lightly toasted on both sides, about two minuted total. Remove from the broiler and immediately rub one side of each slice with the garlic cloves.
- Arrange the grilled bread, garlic side up, on a serving platter, and spoon on the tomatoes, dividing evenly. Serve at once.
This is a great recipe for bruschetta. So easy to do. The tomato mixture is so good. Thanks Raqstar :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game